The Journal of Addiction Medicine
Published six times per year, the Journal of Addiction Medicine is the official journal of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. It is currently ranked tenth in the Substance Abuse category of the 2012 Journal Citation Reports' Science Edition. The Journal is designed for all physicians and other mental health professionals who need to keep up-to-date with the treatment of addiction disorders. Under the guidance of an esteemed Editorial Board, peer-reviewed articles published in the Journal focus on developments in addiction medicine as well as on treatment innovations and ethical, economic, forensic, and social topics including:
- Addiction in pregnancy
- Adolescent addiction
- The drug-exposed neonate
- Neuroimaging techniques
- Treatment of special populations
- Treatment of addiction-related disorders
- Gambling addiction
- Pathophysiology of addiction
- Biological and non-biological therapies
- Issues in graduate medical education
- Detoxification covers topics from opioid detoxification using nonopioid procedures to methods for addressing outpatient alcohol detoxification.
- Neurobiology features articles containing studies of brain imaging in relation to substance abuse and other health issues.
- Pharmacotherapies explores buprenorphine treatment and racemic methadone among other topics of pharmacological treatment.
- Screening and Prevention provides information on monitoring patients with substance use disorders, screening and intervening for drug use in primary care, and gender differences in standardized screening tools.
- Treatment includes articles for addressing comorbid substance use and anxiety disorders and pregnant women with opioid addiction, among other diverse cases.
Log In and Start Reading Now!
Journal of Addiction Medicine
The mission of Journal of Addiction Medicine (JAM), the official journal of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), is to promote excellence in the practice of addiction medicine and in clinical research as well as to support addiction medicine as a mainstream medical specialty. JAM functions independently from ASAM in terms of its editorial content.
Online Submission/Review System
JAM only accepts submissions via our online system. Visit http://www.editorialmanager.com/jam/ to submit articles.
To contact the journal with questions about the submission process or the publication of your paper:
Journal of Addiction Medicine
Michael A. Arends
Richard Saitz, MD, MPH, FACP, DFASAM
Kelly Dunn, PhD
Ismene Petrakis, MD
Frank J. Vocci, PhD
Martha J. Wunsch, MD, FAAP, DFASAM
Debbie M. Cheng,Sc.D.
Charles Maynard, PhD
Katie Witkiewitz, PhD
Michael A. Arends
To view the full list of the Editorial Board click here.
Journal of Addiction Medicine (ISSN: 1932-0620; Online ISSN: 1935-3227) is published six times a year by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 16522 Hunters Green Parkway, Hagerstown, MD 21740-2116. Copyright © 2022 American Society of Addiction Medicine.
Annual Subscription Rates, including shipping and handling
$341 Individual Domestic (USA)
$383 International (US Dollars)
$145 Single Copy Rate
Individual subscription rates include print and access to the online version (Residents are online access only.) Institutional rates are for print only; online subscriptions are available via Ovid.
Reprints of JAM journal articles provide ethical and objective substantiation for your communications with health care providers. We provide several print and electronic formats as well as custom options to help you ensure that your message reaches the health care community.
For more information, please contact:
Authors may order reprints of their own articles using the order form supplied with their proofs. Authors may also access the forms on the lww.com website.
Articles published in Journal of Addiction Medicine are available to nonsubscribers online and/or in PDF format through pay-per-view. Once purchased, articles may be accessed and downloaded for 24 hours from the time of purchase. To purchase an article, click on the "Buy" button next to the article title when it appears in a list, or the "Buy This Article" button within the article abstract.
Click here to view information about rights and permissions.
Senior Editor: Richard Saitz, MD, MPH
Online ISSN: 1935-3227
Frequency: 6 issues/year
Impact Factor: 2.699
Review: Peer reviewed
Not a member? Subscribe Now!
Already an ASAM member?Log In and Start Reading Now!
Not an ASAM member?Join ASAM Purchase an Article Subscribe to the Journal of Addiction Medicine
Need help with your Journal of Addiction Medicine subscription? Call ASAM's publisher at 1.866.489.0443 or send an email to email@example.com.