Careers at ASAM
ASAM offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way addiction health care is provided in this country. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce.Read what our members have to say
ASAM is headquartered in the Washington Metropolitan area in Rockville, Maryland. ASAM’s headquarters is within easy access to public transportation and is located in a modern open work environment with adjustable work desks, the latest technology, and ample group meeting space. Providing a collaborative and inclusive environment for our associates.
ASAM also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way addiction health care is provided in this country. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce.
Join the leader in helping physicians treat addiction and save lives!
Sloan Award - Workplace Excellence
ASAM is proud to be honored with the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility for its use of flexibility and other aspects of workplace effectiveness as a workplace strategy to increase business and employee success. ASAM was one of eight organizations and the only association to be recognized in the state of Maryland.
Please read our press release for more information.
Our Excellence Starts with our Staff. What We Value.
ASAM offers our associates a robust package of benefits.
- 2 weeks in year 1
- 3 weeks beginning in year 2
- 4 weeks beginning in year 4
- 12 sick days per year
- 12 holidays
Major Medical with Prescription
- ASAM will pay 80% of the employee premium and 50% of dependent premiums. Coverage provided through CareFirst Blue Choice with an option of three types of platinum or gold level plans:
- HealthyBlue Plus Gold 1500
- BlueChoice Plus Opt-Out Platinum 0
- BluePreferred PPO Platinum 500
- Coverage for employee $6.12 per month. Coverage available for dependents ranges from $12.25 to $21.60 for dependents.
- Coverage for employee $35.00 per month. Coverage available for dependents range from $50.00 to $70.00 for dependents.
401K Retirement Plan
- ASAM matches up to 5% of gross salary, beginning on first day of the following month of employment, for those with an active enrollment. ASAM contributes 5% of gross salary after one year of service.
- After one year of employment, tuition assistance of up to $3,000 may be available based on the Society's budget and financial conditions.
- 100% paid premium. Benefits provide monthly payments of up to 60% of weekly earnings, to a maximum of $7,500 per month.
- 100% paid premium. Benefits provide monthly payments of up to 60% of the former salary, to a maximum of $7,500 per month.
- 100% paid premium. Benefit provides 2x annual salary up to $300,000.
Flex Savings Account
- ASAM contributes $100 per year for medical expenses to employees on the payroll as of January 1.
- $60 per month in Metro Benefits or towards onsite parking fee of $85.
Employee Assistance Program / Balance Works
- Free consultations and resources.
- Employee Discount Program (shopping, shows, events, restaurants, etc.)
- Business casual.
Respect: Evidenced in empathy for other ASAM staff and dedication to professionalism and personal courtesy.
Open Collaboration: Evidenced in the active inclusion and promotion of the diversity of persons who are a part of ASAM staff and different perspectives and ideas.
Trust: Evidenced in the encouragement of creativity and risk-taking and demonstration of constructive feedback and personal accountability.
Courage: Evidenced in speaking up and optimism about change, promoting the mission, acceptance of the achievable, and perseverance in pursuit of the desired future.
Connectedness: Evidenced in collegiality among staff and dedication to the service and spirit of ASAM’s mission.