Awards & Scholarships
NIDA Young Investigator Travel Award Recipeints
The NIDA Young Investigator Travel Award encourages young investigators who are within 5-10 years of earning their PhD, MD, or DO degree entering the fields of addiction research and practice. The awards focus is to provide a training experience for young investigators in the area of drug addiction through conference fellowships at the ASAM Annual Conference.
Click to Apply
2023 NIDA Young Investigator Travel Award Recipients
Justin Berk, MD
Nicholaus Christian, MD
Caitlin E. Martin, MD
- $1,300 Monetary Award to help defray expenses incurred in attending The ASAM Annual Conference such as travel and hotel expenses.
- ASAM Annual Conference Registration
- One-Year Complimentary ASAM Membership
- Applicant must be working in the area of drug addiction and infectious disease research. A supporting letter from their academic advisor or department chair, giving a brief history of their training and likelihood of success as an independent clinical investigator, or an NIH biosketch.
- A one-page focused career statement (mini-bio and photo), describing your interest in the travel award including career goals and ambitions with an emphasis on your research goals, your most significant research accomplishments, and why you think this award would benefit you at this time in your career?
- Applicants must present evidence of US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- If you are unable to attend the ASAM Annual Conference, we regret that the monetary award will be withdrawn.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
Presented at The ASAM Annual Conference
Past Award Recipients
Hamed Ekhtiari, MD
Kevin Xu, MD
Rohit Abraham, MD
Raagini Jawa, MD
Robert W. Kirchoff, MD
Jarratt Pytell, MD
Benjamin Bearnot, MD
Emanuel N. Husu, MD
Pallavi Joshi, MD
Ogorchukwu F. Omede, MD
Alyssa Peterkin, MD
Siddarth Puri, MD
Cameron Risma, MD
Kathryn Rooney, MD
Jasleen Salwan, MD, MPH
Natalie Spiller, MD, MBA
Kimberly Stubbs, MD
Jamie Weinand, MD