Manager/Senior Manager, Clinical Policy
Date: November 9, 2023
Position Title: Manager/Senior Manager, Clinical Policy
Reports To: Director, Clinical Policy
The Manager/Senior Manager, Clinical Policy, reports to the Director of Clinical Policy. This position engages ASAM leadership, society members, and partners to advance quality care for the specialty of addiction medicine. The Senior Manager works closely to support ASAM's development of clinical guidelines and standards using rigorous methodologies. This position will support guideline writing committees and related subcommittees to develop and disseminate ASAM clinical guidance and standards and related resources. The Senior Manager supports this work by engaging experts, providing project management support, conducting literature reviews and evidence synthesis, and supporting development work led by experts and external consultants.
- Supports the development and dissemination of ASAM’s clinical practice guidelines and clinical documents
- Supports execution of systematic and structured literature reviews.
- Communicates literature review findings with expert committees
- Supports scientific writing
- Develops an understanding of ASAM’s existing clinical guidelines and standards.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the scientific research that supports ASAM’s clinical guidelines and standards.
- Supports development of materials for dissemination of clinical practice standards to patients and families.
- Engages ASAM members and key stakeholder groups (e.g., federal agencies, professional societies, patient advocacy groups)
- Primary responsibilities for these roles include:
- Managing writing committees for clinical guidance and standards development.
- Researching key questions related to ASAM clinical guidance and standards.
- Supporting the dissemination of The ASAM Criteria standards and other ASAM clinical quality standards.
- Provide project management support to expert committees.
- Supports ongoing activities of the ASAM’s Quality and Science Department.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3 or more years of work experience conducting literature reviews, evidence synthesis, and science writing.
- Experience interpreting and summarizing scholarly research in oral and written formats
- Experience with MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Masters degree in health or science related field
- Experience interpreting and summarizing research in the field of addiction
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience facilitating expert committees
- Experience with clinical writing and editing
- Knowledge of addiction treatment (or behavioral health field).
Skills and Abilities
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Resourceful, proactive, and flexible.
- Project coordination skills and responsive to project deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on project tasks.
- Comfortable working with senior management and association leadership.
Works closely with:
- ASAM Director of Clinical Policy
- ASAM Chief, Quality and Science
- ASAM Associate Director, Quality and Science
- ASAM Senior Director of Science
- ASAM’s Quality Improvement Council and associated subcommittees.
- Association vendors, partners, and consultants.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how your skills match the position to the following address: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5906243. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Recruiting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the state of Maryland.