Manager, Learning Management System
Date: December 5, 2022
Position Title: Manager, Learning Management System
Reports To: Director, Professional Development
ASAM is a medical professional society of 6,500+ members with 50+ staff and a $10M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
The Learning Management System Administrator leads the creation and maintenance of educational activity products and education program pages in ASAM’s learning management system (LMS). This position collaborates with the leadership team and project leads to publish and manage educational content in the LMS, while ensuring consistency and creating standard processes across all educational products.
- Perform LMS administrative functions, including the creation of educational activities and management of user enrollments, program pages, registration, security permissions, and integration with third-party tools.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the team and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Maintain or create instruction manuals for staff for developing/formatting LMS pages, new products, and other commonly used features.
- Conduct regular reviews/audits and maintenance/clean-up for LMS pages, products, user accounts (eg, check for broken links, updating outdated language, cleaning up user accounts).
- Generate usage reports and maintain large data sets to provide accurate reporting on eLearning Center activities
- Support team members and learners with LMS questions. Independently work with the appropriate parties to develop solutions.
- Proactively work with internal teams to ensure adherence to guidelines, address changing program needs, and implement new features.
- Train staff and members on LMS features and additional performance enhancements, as needed.
- Provide regular reports on LMS finances and usage data for senior staff and others as requested. Update internal teams or other stakeholders.
- Pull data from LMS and contribute to analysis for learner evaluation and outcomes in collaboration with Evaluation Team and other internal teams.
- Develop and implement new strategies to ensure user engagement and budget goals are met (in coordination with marketing and program leads).
- Track and maintain the budget, including processing refunds, invoices, and sales batches. Assist in the development of the LMS budget.
- Stay up to date with new LMS features and serve as primary liaison with LMS Vendor. When relevant, inform other team members about new features and lead implementation.
Required Qualifications & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of systems/databases from the front and back-end
- Fast learner, especially with new technology or systems
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent project management skills
- Prioritization/time management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Basic HTML skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Experience with technical troubleshooting/customer service
Desired Qualifications & Abilities
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Educational Technology, Adult Education and/or a related field
- Basic understanding of design principles and ability to apply best practices in user interface and user experience design
- Experience with components of adult learning courses
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations
Works closely with:
- All members of the education department
- Vendors and/or contractors
Benefits of Working at ASAM:
- ASAM's work with physicians and clinicians helps millions of patients, families, and communities impacted by addiction.
- ASAM's work helps address the vast national crisis of opioids and addiction.
- ASAM enjoys a strong organizational culture, living by values determined by staff of open collaboration, trust, courage, and connectedness.
- ASAM is proud to have earned the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
- ASAM offers competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits that include paid vacation and sick leave, transportation reimbursement, medical insurance, and 401k.
To Apply: Please submit a resume to hr@ASAM.org.
Recruiting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the state of Maryland.