Manager, Criteria Education
Date: November 9, 2023
Position Title: Manager, Criteria Education
Reports To: Director, Criteria Education
The Manager, Criteria Education position will ensure successful creation of educational products, implementation, marketing, budgeting, and operation of ASAM Criteria educational courses and other products. The Manager will work closely with the instructional design team to manage deadlines, coordinate meetings, test, implement, and refine ASAM Criteria education products. The manager will also work with course planning committees, faculty, and other members of the ASAM staff team. The Manager will be responsible for data tracking and evaluations and following accreditation guidelines. Candidate must quickly develop a broad understanding of the ASAM Criteria education programs and be able to set priorities in work assignments. This position will report to the Director, Criteria Education.
- Lead and manage the development of Criteria educational activities working with program planning committees and instructional designers.
- Plan and lead meetings with instructional design team, partners, faculty, and committee members. This includes preparing agendas, taking minutes, and responsible for follow-up on minutes and action items from meetings.
- Create and update e-Learning products in a learning management system for ASAM education activities.
- Participate in faculty recruitment and training, course delivery formats, planning meetings, and course records for educational activities.
- Assist Director with contract negotiations and provide ongoing monitoring of all active contracts.
- Oversee all budgetary components of projects including paying contractors and vendors, tracking invoices, and ensuring projects meet or exceed budget.
- Create e-Learning products for curriculum and other education department initiatives using course development software.
- Support the management of current grant and/or collaboration deliverables as needed.
- Prepare documentation and submit required CME activity report for all courses that offer continuing medical education certificates.
- Handle special projects as assigned such as summarizing evaluations, follow-up with faculty, prepare tracking reports for the project grant, etc.
- Provide customer services to program participants, members, and others as needed.
- Adherence to accreditation guidelines.
- Small amount of travel (1 - 3 trips a year) if needed to education courses to provide on-site assistance and management required for successful operation of courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative or project management role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and webinar software (e.g. Zoom, Teams)
- Excellent customer service support and troubleshooting abilities
- Association experience, particularly in a medical society preferred
- Familiarity with requirements for accreditation and course evaluation
- Experience with learning management systems or online databases a plus
- Three to five years of experience in education program planning and project management
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations
Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills in leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent writing skills with expertise in proof reading and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, managing projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with LMS systems, articulate and other education online software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently while also functioning well in a team-oriented environment
- Team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy, and ability to have fun with team members
- Passion for education, addiction medicine, and advancing the field through high-quality educational programs
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and initiative valued.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how your skills match the position to the following address: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5906359
Recruiting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the state of Maryland.