The ASAM Essentials of Addiction Medicine: Second Edition
A masterful, high-yield guide to the treatment of substance abuse issues.
Here is your succinct source for the expert know-how you need to provide effective help for your patients. Derived from The ASAM Principles of Addiction Medicine, 5th Edition – widely hailed as the definitive comprehensive clinical reference in the field – this companion resource presents the collective wisdom of hundreds of esteemed authorities on the art and science of addiction medicine. Yet, it does so in a streamlined format that will appeal to specialists seeking a more quick-access reference source.
- Find the authoritative answers you need on everything from the pharmacology of addiction through diagnosis, assessment, and early intervention; various forms of addiction management; treatment of individual patient populations; management of intoxication and withdrawal; pharmacologic and behavioral interventions; recovery programs; medical disorders and complications; co-occurring addiction and psychiatric disorders; pain and addiction; children and adolescents; and ethical, legal, and liability issues.
- Contribute to public health in the area of addiction with the aid of a special introductory chapter entitled “A Public Health Approach to Prevention: The Health Professional’s Role.”
- Easily switch back and forth between The ASAM Essentials and the parent text - The ASAM Principles - thanks to a parallel chapter organization.
- Zero in on the most important, practical information through highly focused, efficient coverage.
- Maximize your understanding and retention of vital concepts with key point summaries, review questions, and suggested readings in each chapter.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
See the inside front cover to find out how to access your eBook!
The ASAM Essentials of Addiction Medicine: Second Edition can be ordered online through the publisher Lippincott Williams & Wilkins or by phoning 1-800-638-3030 Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 7:00 pm ET.