Late-Breaking Submission Requirements
ASAM members and non-members are invited to submit abstracts for late-breaking poster presentations ONLY. ASAM encourages young investigators, researchers and physicians from diverse organizations and fields to submit.
The following bullet points outline important requirements to consider when submitting your abstract (Please Read Carefully):
- Abstracts must be original, new work, based on the latest evidence and data. Submissions should use evidence-based information with appropriate references. Anecdotal information should be kept to a minimum.
- Submitters are not permitted to re-submit abstracts that have been previously submitted to ASAM (whether they were accepted or not).
- Abstracts must be submitted online through the following ASAM abstract submission link: https://www.conferenceabstracts.com/cfp2/login.asp?EventKey=QEIZKYFE
- Abstracts must be submitted between August 15, 2016 and October 7, 2016 to be considered.
- Late-breaking poster presentation abstracts must be submitted between January 2, 2017 and January 20, 2017 to be considered.
- Submitters, presenters, and authors must complete disclosure of commercial interest forms prior to completing their submissions. Having a commercial interest will NOT disqualify a submission. Submitters are allowed to have commercial disclosures BUT submissions must be free of commercial bias.
- Submissions cannot be used to advertise or advocate for a specific commercial interest.
- There is a limit of up to 3 abstract submissions by one submitter.
- Submissions must have 3 parts to be considered. All parts must be turned in by the deadlines in order to be considered. Late, incomplete, or incorrect submissions will not be reviewed and thus, will not be accepted. The three parts are:
- Presenter/Author Information
- Presenter/Author Disclosure of Commercial Interest
- Submission Details
- Submission Details includes multiple parts:
- Title – 12 words max.
- Abstract – 250-500 words
- References – 3-5 scholarly or scientific publications that were used to create the abstract
- Consideration for Awards – Optional field
- Submitters must pick a submission category. Poster presentations should be structured clearly and include sections such as: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusions, etc. Prospective poster submitters can view the accepted 2016 poster submissions here.
- The entire submission may be completed by one submitter or by multiple submitters.
- Accepted abstracts will appear in full in several places including but not limited to: the Conference Website, the Final Program, the Conference Mobile App, and the Journal of Addiction Medicine (posters only). Submitters are responsible for ensuring that there are no conflicts with making the abstract information available, prior to the submission of the abstract.
Presenter/Author Requirements (after acceptance):
- Submitters of abstracts will be notified of acceptance/non-acceptance of their abstract by mid-February 2017. It is the submitter’s responsibility to notify their fellow presenters or authors.
- All presenters and authors will be asked for additional information after their submission has been accepted. Non-presenting authors will also information to submit. Information must be completed by their posted deadlines. ASAM cannot guarantee that information received after the posted deadlines will make it into the Final Program or the Conference Mobile App.
- All presenters must register for the conference on their own. Presenters of accepted abstracts will receive 50% off of the registration rate. A promo code for the discounted registration rate will be sent to presenters upon notification of acceptance.
- Travel and hotel expenses are NOT covered by ASAM.
- More presenter requirements and resources are in the ASAM Speaker Resource Center, which will open in late-November or early-December.
- Poster presentation sizes and dimensions can be found here.
- Additional presenter/author questions should be directed to Molly Mazuk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-547-4127.
Content of abstracts, featuring research and late-breaking clinical trials accepted for presentation at the ASAM Annual Conference is embargoed until the morning of the day on which they are presented. Members of the media, investigators, organizations issuing press releases and others with access to research accepted for presentation during the ASAM Annual Conference are required to abide by the embargo policies. Violation of ASAM embargo policies can result in removal of the research from the program, removal of individuals and/or companies from the meeting, revocation of media credentials, and/or withdrawal of embargo access for one year for journalists and/or news organizations.