Thank You for a Record-Breaking 46th Annual Conference!
The ASAM 46th Annual Conference was an unprecedented success. ASAM sends a heartfelt thanks to everyone who came to Austin, TX to attend the conference and made it such a special event. Here are just a few of the records we set this year:
Registered attendees: 1,476
Pre-conference course registrations: 543
What a week it was! Looking forward to seeing all of you and more at The ASAM 47th Annual Conference.
Addiction is a chronic brain disease and there are treatments available to help patients.
What is ASAM?
ASAM is a professional society representing over 3,200 physicians and associated professionals dedicated to increasing access and improving the quality of addiction treatment; educating physicians, other medical professionals and the public; supporting research and prevention; and promoting the appropriate role of physicians in the care of patients with addiction.
What is the NEW ASAM 46th Annual Conference - Innovations in Addiction Medicine and Science?
The ASAM Annual Conference is the nation’s premiere event providing the latest innovations and scientific developments in Addiction Medicine. The annual conference has been re-named (formerly the ASAM Medical-Scientific Conference, nicknamed Med-Sci) to reflect some exciting new changes in format and structure to provide learning in a more interactive, casual and fun environment.
Join the largest gathering of addiction physicians, psychiatrists, clinicians, researchers and academicians who treat and help patients with substance use disorders in Austin, TX on April 23 – 26, 2015. Meeting highlights include; Symposia, Workshops, Poster Sessions, Special Focus Sessions and New Fun Events designed to allow more casual learning and networking. Participate in the front-running conference that specializes in addiction medicine;
- Learn about new strategies for diagnosis, treatment, patient care and public policy
- Explore the newest developments defining the field of addiction medicine
- Network with medical professionals, clinicians, researchers, leading scientists and policy advocates
- Find out about the latest science from leaders of federal agencies and institutions
- Discover the newest technologies, techniques, tools and practices
- Engage in discussions about strategies of integration of addiction medicine and primary care
Join us in Austin
The ASAM headquarter hotel, Hilton Austin, is a beautiful hotel only seven miles from the airport and nestled in the lively downtown center of Austin surrounded by the city's vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment scene.
These days Austin is not only the Live Music Capital of the World, but home to a wonderful ballet, world-class museums, one-of-a-kind shopping and beautiful outdoor spaces.
Within a few walkable blocks of the hotel, attendees will find the famous Lady Bird Lake hike and bike trail and legendary live music venues along with the Historic 6th Street Entertainment District, the Warehouse & 2nd Street District, the Texas State Capitol building and the LBJ Library and University of Texas. Austin is named one of the friendliest cities in America and continues to gain popularity as one of the nation's top travel destination. With so much at your fingertips, there will be no end to the fun in Austin, TX!
To present the most up-to-date information, research, guidance and policy discussion for professionals in the addiction medicine field.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Employ current and new clinical approaches to treatment in a variety of settings.
- Utilize and promote evidence-based approaches for clinical treatment of substance abuse disorders.
- Recognize issues that arise when treating individuals in diverse and special populations or with special physical, health and mental illnesses.
- Identify and diagnose substance use disorders in clinical populations.
- Describe the development of new science and treatments in addiction medicine.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians and Clinicians
- Researchers and Academics
- Counselors and Students
- Other Health Care Professionals
Dedicated to increasing access and improving the quality of addiction treatment and care.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) and National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Questions? Contact ASAM’s Education Department
American Society of Addiction Medicine
4601 North Park Avenue
Upper Arcade, Suite 101
Chevy Chase, MD 20815-4520
Phone: 301-656-3920 | Fax: 301-656-3815 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: www.asam.org