The ASAM 48th Annual Conference is the nation’s premiere conference on the latest science, research, best practices and innovations in addiction medicine. The 2017 program includes more education offerings such as; seven concurrent sessions offerings at a time instead of six, three pre-conference courses instead of two. There will also be three Plenary Sessions that include the popular Opening Plenary Session and Policy Plenary Session and new this year the National Perspectives Plenary Session moderated by the ASAM president with leaders from national federal agencies. There will be other exciting changes to provide learning in a more interactive, casual and fun environment.
Additional meeting highlights include; symposia, workshops, poster presentations, special focus sessions and fun events designed to allow more effective learning and networking. Participate in the front-running conference that specializes in addiction medicine and:
- Learn about new tools for diagnosis, treatment, patient care and public policy
- Explore the newest research and developments shaping the future of addiction medicine
- Network with medical professionals, researchers, leading scientists and policy advocates
- Find out about the latest science from leaders of federal agencies and institutions
- Discover evidence-based techniques, tools, technologies and practices
- Engage in discussions about strategies of integration of addiction medicine and primary care
- Participate in a special off-site session that dives into substance use in New Orleans and the programs that seek to address it.